Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Monica Newell is MonSteR ArT... Painting / mixed media ster Art



Artist Statement

I am an eleven year resident of Rappahannock County and proud mother of two amazing boys. I have lived in many places in the US and am happy to have settled here in such a beautiful and quiet place. I paint in a private studio at Oldway Art Center in Sperryville and show my work locally. Last year I gave up my shop on Main Street where I sold oddball whatnots and fine art but have now been able to enjoy the peaceful life of painting without distraction. Although I miss the art of resale and scavenger hunting, as I am a world class finder of hidden gems, I am happy to have uninterrupted time being zen, listening to the art and talking to the sky.

I am thrilled to be a part of the Bohemian Banquet and am so thankful for the ladies who have been working so hard to pull it together for us all.

*Blessings to you*


1 comment: